GROWING CHILDREN IN FOLLOWING JESUS
Today the lesson is about sharing the Good News of Jesus so the world can be better! Make sure you check out the Jesus the Gamechanger song by Colin too.
Read the Bible story first and then watch the lesson video.
Mark 1:15 (ICB)
Jesus said, “The right time has come. The kingdom of God is near. Change your hearts and lives and believe the Good News!”
John 3:16 (ICB)
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son. God gave his Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life.
Acts 1:8 (ICB)
But the Holy Spirit will come to you. Then you will receive power. You will be my witnesses—in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”
Questions to ask
- What are the hard words?
- What did not make sense?
- What questions do I have?
After you have watched the lesson and completed the bible reading, discuss these questions together:
What is the Good News of Jesus?
- It is super-special amazing news that God loves us! That He sent His son Jesus into the world for us to know and learn from, and that He would also die for us. It also says that this life is not the end, but that if we believe in Jesus, we will have eternal life. This is the best news ever!
When have you heard the Good News before?
- Who has told you about the Good News of Jesus? Was it your mum or dad, a friend, a Sunday School Teacher or a neighbour? Think about how it made you feel when you heard the Good News.
What is something we can obey?
- We learn things about God to help us live God’s way. It is not good when God’s truth does not make a difference in how we live.
Who can we share what we have learned with?
- Don’t keep God’s great news secret! Share this amazing life we have in Jesus with others.
Dear God, Thank you so much for loving us and for sending Jesus to earth to show us your love and forgiveness. Thank you for the Good News of Jesus’ birth, death and life and what that means for our whole world. I pray that you would help us know deep down in our hearts how much you love us.
I pray also that you would fill us with your Holy Spirit so that we can be people who do as you asked, to let everyone know the Good News of Jesus. Help us to look out for times to tell others about you. We pray for all the people on our Good News sign, that we can share your Good News with them.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Memory Verse John 3:17
- For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- What might it mean to share the Good News of Jesus with others?
- How could we share the Good News of Jesus with people?
- Sermon notes page to follow along with
Jesus, Strong and Kind (feat. Colin Buchanan)
Andy shares with about about how we can see God at work