I wonder if you are ready to share your story of faith in Jesus. How would you answer the questions, ‘how and why are you a Christian’? On Sunday we will be hearing the faith story from one of our members. I suspect because he will be speaking in front of an audience, there will be preparation. We can prepare in the same way for impromptu occasions which could occur in our daily life. Here are questions you could consider:
- What was your life like before you became a Christian? How did God begin to get your attention?
- What were some of the struggles you faced in putting your faith in Christ? Did you ever experience doubt and how did you handle this doubt?
- What was the defining moment that caused you to become a Christian and how has your life changed because of this?
- Why have you stuck at being a Christian and what are some areas where you notice big differences?
- What are the best things about knowing Jesus?
- How did he draw you to Him? What key person or persons has God used in your life?
- What are one or two things God has been doing in your life in the past year? Examples, God has given me the desire for… God has convicted me of… God has shown me the joy in… God has turned my world upside down by… God has been faithful by…? As a result of God doing this in my life, I am different in these ways…
Why not write your story down. Then condense it to 300 words, then to 1 paragraph. We never know when this might be useful, but we can be prepared so we are not surprised. You could find yourself with your partner, children, grandchildren, family, workmates, on the bus, in a mall, at work, or in front of a church, putting this preparation into action.